IT is increasingly being used in every sphere of human activity. You cannot escape it, and its only a matter of time before you will be forced to interact with it and will you nil you will you have to learn it.
Today IT is taught in schools and colleges But many people were not taught IT formally, the need to learn IT. They need a quick, pragmatic approach, which is specific,to the point and interesting. With friendly help available, when they get stuck, or the computer just does not listen to them. Many older people who passed out earlier have received no formal training in IT, while others do not have the time or inclination to go back to "school". Some are senior executives, and they have reservations in acknowledging that they cannot use the computer, some even ask their secretary's to open their emails .
Creating a demand for Information Technology - through learning, training and adult education
- IT for the lay man to use PCs, computers, email, browse the Internet, home shopping, chat with distant relatives and friends, social networking and even use it to make phone calls, and see loved ones with Internet based video phones
- IT for the Professional to use it for work productivity. Word processing, spreadsheets, computer applications, Project Management, Cal lenders, To Do Lists, Accounting, ERP Systems etc.
- IT for an Organization to help run your organization be it a business, a shop, a restaurant, an office, or even a Church or a school. Every where an organization or an institution exists, IT can help it to plan, run, monitor and coordinate its operations.
Preparing Organizations to use IT effectively
- UdoIT is the framework, of the process to transform/re-engineer your organization/institution using IT enabled systems and processes. The emphasis is not only on IT, but the social, political and power plays involved in a transformation project. It starts from management consulting to understand your business and organization, strategic planning, a SWOT analysis, to understanding your existing structure and processes, and the transformation needed to meet your strategic goals. Only then does it talk about IT. Subsequently it covers the design/adaptation of software/packages, training, creating/porting the data to the new system, testing and cutting over to your new system. Being highly change oriented the emphasis is on assisting you to use your in-house resources to do the above. This enables you to internalize the new knowledge, build in-house skills for future improvements. Where in-house skills are not available, we provide consultants for specific tasks. We also provide top management consultation, Steering Committee participation/facilitation, with our seasoned consultants, to guide your project. Help can be provided on-site, or even globally via the Internet based group-ware, web-conferencing Skype and similar technologies. The help can be synchronous, or in cases of a globally dispersed team, asynchronous, using Web 2.0 technologies.
- IT Manpower Placement We do keep a databank of IT manpower, for placement, and also, with our extensive network in the industry and profession are in touch with people of the right skill, experience and background, so we can help our clients in doing an executive search, screening, and shortlisting talented people for their organization and projects, globally.
- Computing in the 21st Century rapid advances are being made in IT. These make IT almost universally available across the globe. Allowing the design, development and implementation of large, global systems,which even a SME can afford. SaaS, Cloud or Utility computing, virtualization, net book, I-Phone? and thin client computing, besides Open Source etc are covered.
- Virtual Organization - Leveraging Global Talent with 21st Century computing and network infra-structure becoming universal, tele-commuting, with supported IT systems, you can work asynchronously from any part of the world, connected by the Internet. the concept of work, "office", 8-to-4 timing is gradually fading away. Contractors, free lancers, web-sites like eLance.com which enable distant working, as ERP systems and processes take root, work can be done globally 24x7, and talent need not have to physically immigrate across borders, creating social issues etc., but people can work for global work markets from where they live. Making the world a global market not only for products and services but even talent. This could curb the mass migration from rural areas to urban dwelling. Technology would create jobs in rural areas and improve the standard of living in villages. This is particularily true for the 5 billion people living hard lives in developing countries.
- Future of work As the 21st Century advances, the future of work is changing.
Creating capacity for delivering and Operating IT solutions
- IT Vocational Training for Freshers there are many entry level jobs available for young people fresh out of school. They may have passed class 8th onwards, and we train them to earn while they learn. They need not go to college for getting jobs, the can even become IT entrepreneurs, and create jobs for others, or keep learning, part time, while they are working. So they get financially independent at an early age, and instead of spending time and their parents hard earned money, they ca start earning early and supporting their families.
- Training for college graduates MBAs BBA s IT Students for a career in business IT you can start, part time, after finishing school do this after college. We train you, and give you part time jobs, so you can earn while you learn and also get professional experience in Management Consulting, Re-engineering, Business Analysis, System design, development and programming. You also learn to participate in UdoIT guided computerization of organizations.
- Training Professionals for part-time or Independent Consultants for Roles in a Virtual Organization With the rate of change accelerating, organizations, even the blue-chips, often pack-up, laying off skilled, qualified and excellent staff in lurch. It is imperative that 21st century professionals look after their interests and keep learning continuously, and keep abreast with current skills and knowledge. Many want to become entrepreneurs and be their own Boss. We help such people by training them in UdoIT framework, so they can work part time from the safety of their existing jobs, to taste being consultants, and gradually increase their work load of consulting to eventually become full-time consultants. Besides the UdoIT training, we provide a network, so they need not be stumped by the imperatives of marketing their skills or financial constraints. They can concentrate on using their skills to work in virtual UdoIT teams, with varying weekly loads and commitments. We will even give them a mini-web-site to display and market their skills, and even help them to build associated full fledged consulting teams. These teams can employ/contract other professionals from the network. All this in an Web 2.0 ERP enabled planning and control system, for minimal overhead and speed.
to understand what is Open Source all about, watch this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8fHgx9mE5U
Understanding Open Source Business model a google book which explains the issues from different views.
Open Source IT Solutions